While only 10 months old, The OpenJS Foundation has had quite an exciting year, from merging two legacy foundations to bringing on new leadership, to accepting some fantastic new incubating projects, exciting doesn’t begin to describe it.
We couldn’t ring in the new year without taking a walk down OpenJS Foundation memory lane and looking back at some amazing community milestones and moments. While we take this time to reflect on the big strides this community has made, we are also thrilled for what’s to come. Thanks to all who make the OpenJS Foundation all that it is!
- NodeJS Foundation and JS Foundation merge to form the OpenJS Foundation
May 20, 2019
- The Foundation’s first Cross Project Council meeting is live-streamed on YouTube
- First-Ever OpenJS Foundation Collab Summit in Berlin
- Michael Dawson, Node.js Community lead and Senior Software Developer at IBM and Kris Borchers, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft join the OpenJS Foundation Board of Directors
- Joe Sepi, Developer Advocate and Software Engineer at IBM named first-ever CPC Chairperson.
September 20, 2019
- nvm joins the OpenJS Foundation as its first incubating project
- AMP joins the OpenJS Foundation
- OpenJS Foundation announces new Node.js Certifications
November 20, 2019
- Web framework Fastify joins the Foundation as an incubation project
December 12, 2019
- Electron is accepted into the Foundation’s incubation program
- OpenJS Foundation hosts Node+JS Interactive and the OpenJS Collab Summit in Montreal, Canada. Check out day one and day two recaps to get filled in!
Thanks again for a great year! Also, if you haven’t heard, we’ve announced dates for next year’s OpenJS Foundation Conference. We’ll be headed to Austin, TX June 23 and 24. Make plans now to join us! As always, stay connected through the channels available on our website.