The OpenJS Foundation is excited to announce the full schedule for OpenJS World 2021, the Foundation’s annual global conference. On June 2, developers, software architects and engineers from all around the world as well as maintainers and community members from OpenJS Foundation hosted projects such as AMP, Fastify, Electron, and Node.js will tune in to network, learn and collaborate.
This year’s event will be broadcasted on YouTube, where we invite attendees to watch live and engage with the community via Slack. This format will allow for an on demand, “Netflix style” experience with a specific premier time and flexibility for international audience viewing, as well as more discussion opportunities with speakers. We’ll kick off the day at 9:00 am PT with a keynote stream, with sessions premiering in tracked playlists after the keynotes finish. Tracks include Security, Development, Performance, Community Building, Automation / CI/CD, Testing and General.
The full schedule can be found here: https://openjsworld2021.sched.com/
- Anna Lytical, Sickeningly Entertaining and Educational Coding Drag Queen & Engineer at Google
- Ashlyn Sparrow, Learning Technology Director and Lead Game Designer at University of Chicago | Ci3
- Beth Griggs, IBM Cloud & Cognitive Software, IBM
- Cian Ó Maidín, President, Nearform
- Jenny Toomey, International Program Director, Technology and Society, Ford Foundation
- Jerome Hardaway, Executive Director, VetsWhoCode
- Joe Sepi, Open Source Engineer & Advocate, IBM
- Michael Dawson, Node.js lead for IBM and Red Hat
- Robin Bender Ginn, Executive Director, OpenJS Foundation
- Saron Yitbarek, Founder, Disco
- Scott Hanselman, Partner Program Manager, Microsoft, Hanselminutes
- Todd Moore, Open Technology, IBM Developer and Developer Advocacy, IBM
- Zainab Ebrahimi CEO, Florish
Session Highlights Include:
- Hit the Ground Running with WebAssembly – Robert Aboukhalil, Invitae
- Shiver My Timbers! A Recipe for Migrating Libraries to ECMAScript Modules – Benjamin Coe, Google
- A “fast” Introduction to Fastify – Matteo Collina, NearForm
- Write Great Code, in the Cloud – Linda Nichols, Microsoft
- Node.js Diagnostic Best Practices – Gireesh Punathil, IBM India & Mary Marchini, Netflix
- Web Monetization and the Future of Advertising – Briana Marbury, Interledger Foundation
- A Robust, Modular UI Automation Framework with WebdriverIO – Olga Smolyar, InterSystems
- Responsible Coding for a Better Future – Lucile Jerber & Stephane Rodet, IBM
- Demystifying Database Performance Issues with sqlcommenter – Jan Kleinert & Bala Chandrasekaran, Google
Interested in participating online in OpenJS World? Register now.
Our OpenJS World Slack channels are now open! We invite you to come and sign up for your favorite session tracks and stay up to date on the Live Q and A sessions that will be announced soon. Join our Slack channel here: https://slack-invite.openjsf.org
Thanks to our wonderful Foundation members and sponsors for all they do to support open innovation through the OpenJS Foundation.
Thank you to the OpenJS World 2021 program committee for their tireless efforts in bringing in and selecting top-tier keynote speakers and interesting and informative sessions. We are honored to work with such a dedicated and supportive community!