IBM, a Platinum member of the OpenJS Foundation, will be hosting a day of workshops on June 3, the day after OpenJS World keynotes and sessions go live. This is a great opportunity to learn from experts who work on the Node.js platform and who build robust Node.js applications in the field.
Beyond the amazing talks and keynotes at the OpenJS World event and the IBM workshops and resources as well, you can always find lots of useful information at: IBM Developer.
Those interested in attending the IBM workshops can register here, as part of the OpenJS World registration. If you’ve already registered for OpenJS World, you can add the workshop by modifying your registration.
Schedule and Prerequisites
The IBM Day of Workshops will feature some incredible hands-on opportunities for the community. Below is the schedule with the list of prerequisites so attendees can get the most out of these workshops.
- 7 am PDT: Welcome to IBM’s day of Node.js workshops with Joe Sepi.
- 7 am PDT: Building a Cloud Native Node.js application (Prerequisites: Node.js 14, Docker and Kubernetes, Helm v3)
- 8 am PDT: Deploy to Code Engine (Prerequisites: Sign up for a free IBM Cloud account to get the most out of this workshop)
- 8:30 am PDT: Bespoke deploy options (Prerequisites: Sign up for a free IBM Cloud account to get the most out of this workshop)
- 9 am PDT: Photobooth! Building cloud-native AI-infused web apps with Node-RED (Prerequisites: The workshop material will be available to download at the start of the session. In the meantime, you’ll need: A laptop/computer with a WebCam attached that can be accessed from your browser, Node.js 12.x or 14.x, Git, Docker – this is required for the optional final step of containerizing the application you create.)
- 10 am PDT: Lunch with the experts: Core collaborators and application architects
- 11 am PDT: From zero to hero: rapid APIs with Loopback (Prerequisites: Node.js)